Tayba Islamic Academy is a private, not for profit, full time Islamic school for students from grades 1-8. We are seeking passionate educators who are experienced, vibrant and knowledgeable. We are always in search of teachers to join our team of highly dedicated staff!
- Able to integrate Quranic concepts, Islamic knowledge, hadith, Iman, Akhlaq into the regular Ontario Curriculum.
- Preferable to be registered with the Ontario College of Teachers. If you are not a registered OCT, we would still like to interview you!
- Knowledge of the Ontario Curriculum, up to date teaching practices and is able to use a balance of teaching styles and current technologies.
- Models and encourages Islamic behaviour.
- Works collaboratively with parents and administration.
- Demonstrates a passion for teaching and use positive progressive discipline.
Quran Hifth Teachers:
- A Hafith of the Quran, preferable with an Ijaza
- has experience teaching Tajweed and Tafseer in English to children
- Very patient and friendly with children
- reliable and dedicated individual
- able to manage a class of 10 students
- Willing to work closely with the Academics teacher for integration of the Quranic concepts, Islamic knowledge, Iman and Akhlaq into the regular curriculum